If you’re feeling lackluster or uninspired, a few daily motivational affirmations may be just what you need to get out of that funk. And once you’re out of that funk, daily motivational affirmations are exactly what you’ll need to keep going. Whether you’re looking for a little inspiration at the gym, a self confidence boost, or just general daily encouragement to be your best self, positive self-talk is a powerful tool that can help you achieve your goals in any area of life. Keep reading to learn all about motivational affirmations and how to implement a daily practice into your routine.
What are Daily Motivational Affirmations?
A daily motivational affirmation is a positive phrase or statement you recite to yourself to change your mindset and keep you encouraged. What’s the difference between daily motivational affirmations and inspirational quotes? Well, a motivational affirmation is an inspirational quote transformed and personalized. Any motivational quote can be turned into an affirmation if you choose to repeat it to yourself and state it in the positive. When you repeat something you are encouraging your brain to accept it as fact.
What Are the Benefits of Daily Motivational Affirmation?
While the idea that just positive thinking will help you achieve anything may sound a little woo-woo at first, there is plenty of science behind the benefits of a daily affirmation practice. A positive mindset is a powerful way to get you one step closer to your goals and living your best life. Research shows:
- A 2016 study that examined the neural mechanisms of self-affirmations found an association with measured behavior change.
- Research conducted in 2014 concluded that, “Timely affirmations have been shown to improve education, health, and relationship outcomes, with benefits that sometimes persist for months and years.”
- Self-affirmation theory suggests people prefer to keep a positive self-image, and when this image is threatened, they can restore any resulting low self-esteem by affirming an unrelated positive aspect of the self.
Best Practices for Daily Motivational Affirmations
There are a handful of guidelines to follow to ensure your daily inspiration and motivation becomes a daily practice. Try giving the following 7 tips a try for the next 30 days:
- Think positively and be confident when you say your affirmations.
- State your affirmations in the present tense.
- Personalize your affirmations.
- Say them out loud if you can.
- Repeat each affirmation 10 times.
- Make it a daily habit — morning, noon, and night.
- Write your affirmations down and put them somewhere you will see them often, like on sticky notes, affirmation cards, or as your phone or computer wallpaper.
- Set a trigger — i.e. every time you brush your teeth you recite your affirmations. Alternatively, set reminders on your phone.
120 Daily Motivational Affirmations for You
When you’re feeling discouraged, sometimes a little positive reminder and nudge is all you need. Following is a list of 120 positive words and thoughts curated to inspire and motivate you no matter your situation:
Daily Motivational Affirmations to Get You Moving
- My body is strong and powerful.
- I exercise to show my body love.
- I won’t give up until I reach my fitness goals.
- Exercising my body is self-care.
- When I think about quitting I remember why I started.
- My body achieves what my mind believes.
- I am happier when I exercise.
- Exercise gives me energy.
- I am one workout away from a good mood.
- Just show up. I’m always grateful I worked out.
- I am getting stronger and better every day.
- I am thankful I have a healthy, strong body that allows me to exercise.
- Exercise builds my self-esteem.
- I am an athlete.
- I feel accomplished when I workout.
- I always find the time to exercise. I am stronger than my excuses.
- I am transforming my body for the better.
- Exercise helps keep me grounded.
- Exercise makes me feel powerful.
- I want to live a long, healthy life in a strong, healthy body.
Daily Motivational Affirmations for Healthy Eating
- I make food choices for my health.
- I have empathy for my future self and make choices in their best interest.
- I am nourishing my body with the food I eat.
- Everything I eat nourishes my mind.
- I eat mindfully and enjoy my food.
- I give my body the foods it needs.
- I am stronger than any cravings.
- I pause and explore my cravings.
- I am the decisions I make.
- I enjoy eating real, whole foods.
- Healthy food fuels my body.
- I treat my body as it belongs to someone I love.
- When I eat healthy food, I feel energized.
- Eating nutritious food is good for my mental health.
- My body craves whole foods.
- Everything I consume heals my body.
- I choose nourishing foods out of respect for my body.
- I honor my body with healthy food.
- I choose food consciously.
- I can eat whatever I want. I choose what makes me feel my best.
Daily Motivational Affirmations for Stress Relief and Anxiety
- It does not matter what other people say or do. What matters is how I choose to react and what I choose to believe about myself.
- I let go of all negativity that rests in my body and mind. I choose to be positive and surround myself with positive people.
- I am resilient; I will get through this difficult time.
- I choose to feel calm.
- I release the past.
- I am safe.
- I will be OK.
- I inhale the good and exhale the bad.
- I cultivate inner calm.
- I have survived my anxiety and stress before. I will survive now.
- I surrender to what is.
- I accept the things I cannot control and change the things I can.
- Challenges are opportunities.
- Past challenges have brought strength to get through this situation.
- This experience does not define who I am.
- This will pass. Nothing is permanent.
- I understand this feeling and situation is temporary.
- I will not worry about things I cannot control.
- I am capable of handling anything that comes my way.
- When I’m feeling overwhelmed, I allow myself to step back and breathe.
Daily Motivational Affirmations for Health and Wellness
- I accept myself as I am.
- My body is healthy and my mind is peaceful.
- Abundance flows my way.
- My body, mind, and soul work together to keep me healthy.
- I appreciate every cell in my body.
- I send love and healing to every part of my body.
- My health is a priority.
- I live a healthy lifestyle.
- I listen to what my body and mind need.
- I love and respect myself.
- My breathing is slow and heavy.
- My health and wellness journey is unique to me.
- I am in control of my choices.
- My body is healing.
- I feel better everyday.
- I deserve to feel healthy.
- My body is my friend.
- I am motivated to achieve my goals.
- I feel good in my skin.
- I deserve to live a long, healthy life.
Daily Motivational Affirmations for Your Morning
- Today I will make good choices.
- I can and I will.
- If it is to be, it is up to me.
- I am committed to my personal growth.
- I am excited for all I will accomplish today.
- Everyday I embody the best version of myself.
- I am worthy of all that I desire.
- My mind and body are ready to start this new day.
- I am grateful for this day.
- I love and accept this body and mind.
- My dreams are becoming my reality.
- I am living, I am learning, I am growing every day.
- Today is a good day to build a better me.
- I deserve happiness, success and abundance.
- I believe in myself and what I can achieve.
- I am well-rested and excited for the day.
- I have everything I need to succeed.
- Today I celebrate that I am younger than I’m ever going to be.
- My goals are attainable and my habits help me get there.
- I am willing to do what it takes to create lasting positive change.
Daily Motivational Affirmations for Bedtime
- I am still learning so it’s okay to make mistakes.
- I breath in healing, I exhale the painful things that burden my heart.
- I let go of the things that sit achingly out of reach.
- I look forward to tomorrow and the opportunities that await me.
- I practice gratitude for that I have, and all that is yet to come.
- Letting for creates space for opportunities to come.
- When I forgive myself, I free myself.
- When I release shame, I move into myself more beautifully.
- I am growing and I am going at my own pace.
- I am proud of myself for all the things I achieved today.
- I love an accept myself as I am. I am good enough.
- I did my best today. Tomorrow is a new opportunity.
- I am thankful for this day and excited for tomorrow.
- I thank my body with a good night of rest.
- I release today.
- am releasing and forgiving what happened in this day and surrendering to sleep.
- I am letting go of every thought and feeling that doesn’t serve me.
- I am attracting a night of deep sleep and gentle dreams.
- I am open to waking up well-rested, refreshed, and recharged to be the best I can be.
- I am allowing myself to rest easily and inviting my mind to be still.
Feeling motivated yet?! Daily motivational affirmations are an excellent tool to help break negative thought patterns, lead to behavior change, and have a positive impact on your life. Now that you have some positive mantras to tackle a healthy lifestyle from all angles, consider enlisting a myPrimalCoach now to help you set goals and get started.